Corporate is AKL’s fastest growing practice and addresses an impressively diverse range of legal service requirements for clients. The Corporate team is co-led by George Zohios and Alexandros Kosmopoulos.
The team is particularly active in transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and commercial contracts. Our team is versatile and experienced and is equally at home working on routine deals or handling high profile, more complex transactions (including privatisations).
In addition, the team has significant experience advising on regulatory compliance (including corporate governance issues), as well as advising on the legal aspects of structuring business operations and processes.
The team has also developed strong expertise in advising technology start-up founders and investors.
- Advising an international investor on preparing a full suite of policies and procedures to accompany its filing for a regulated AIFM license.
- Representing an e-commerce service provider on the sale of its consulting services business unit to a “big 4” firm.
- Advising the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund on the privatization of the Port of Piraeus, the Port of Thessaloniki and (currently) Greece’s four largest regional ports.
- Advising an infrastructure fund in respect of its acquisition of a minority equity interest in the entities that are the concessionaires of the Greek regional airports.
- Advising a leading listed Greek corporate on aligning its articles of incorporation and those of its 50 Greek subsidiaries with the corporate governance standards and other requirements resulting from the reform of the corporations’ law.
- Assisted the international lead member in negotiating the terms of its joint venture arrangement with the other members of the consortium that was designated the provisional preferred bidder for the Greek motorways satellite tolling system.
- Assisted an international business conglomerate in connection with the envisaged acquisition of a Greek cement producer.
- Advised a Chinese investor on the envisaged acquisition of a leading Greek insurance company.
- Advising a foreign institutional investor on its joint venture with a Greek REIC for the acquisition of Greek real estate assets.
- Advising two Greek systemically important banks on their joint venture teaming arrangement to jointly operate a subsidized loans platform.
- Advising prospective investors on the path to gain management control of a listed entity.
- Advising a major retailer on exclusive distribution arrangements with key suppliers.
- Advising an international investor on the sale and acquisition of a Greek entity that is the owner of a hotel. As part of an unrelated transaction, advising a private equity fund on the sale of a Greek entity that is the owner of a hotel.
- Advising a world-famous fashion and apparel brand in connection with the organization, operation and restructuring of its local distribution network.
- Advising a major car and motor manufacturing company in relation to the restructuring of its local distribution network.
- Advising a leading real estate investment firm in the acquisition of a majority stake in an entity holding a unique asset on a Greek island that is a world-famous destination.
Legal 500 2020:
Alexiou Kosmopoulos Law Firm has an extremely strong banking and corporate practice.They are truly international in their outlook and provide superb – and highly responsive – advice.
‘Business oriented, fast and efficient’.
‘Accessibility, quick responses, and problem solving’.
‘Their commitment to the cases of our company like they are in-house personnel and not external consultants’.
‘The team stands out for its combination of great in-depth knowledge and the ability to connect to clients.’
What the team is known for, is that it handles a wide variety of corporate and commercial work, including M&A, investments, share transfers, corporate reorganisations and privatisations. Also the team assists with contract law and corporate governance topics. Acts for large corporates, funds and banks, as well as start-ups.
A client says: "The lawyers gauge the business needs of clients and the commercial risks involved, and succeed in tailoring their approach to the relevant parameters, delivering meaningful and value-adding advice".